Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness (PS3|PS4)

NormanicGrav

Quintessential Grav
AUKN Staff
StarOcean5.jpg

Square Enix announced a new instalment in the Star Ocean series for the PlayStation 3 and 4. Known as Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness, the game takes place between Star Ocean 2 and 3.

The series started off on the Super Famicom in 1996 but it wasn't until its sequel The Second Story when fans in English territories were finally able to play the series. The first and second games were re-released for the PlayStation Portable in 2008 and 2009 respectively as Star Ocean: First Departure and Star Ocean: Second Evolution. Other titles in the series included Star Ocean: Blue Sphere for the Game Boy Color though an English release was unfortunately cancelled, the third game in the series Star Ocean: Till the End of Time which English fans managed to receive the Director's Cut version instead for the PlayStation 2 in 2004, and the latest instalment Star Ocean: The Last Hope which started off on Xbox 360 in 2009 until being ported and updated for the PlayStation 3 as an International version in 2010.

Details for the new instalment include the following:
- Story takes place between Star Ocean: The Second Story and Star Ocean: Till the End of Time (the second and third games in the main series).
- It is set on the planet Feycreed, 6000 light years from Earth.
- The game's logo is based on Till the End of Time rather than The Last Hope.
- Characters introduced so far include; Fedel Camus (VA: Kaito Ishikawa) the protagonist of the game and a fencer who protects his home village; Miki Sorvesta (VA: Nao Toyama) the heroine of the game, Fedel's childhood friend, and who looks up to Fedel like an older brother; and Lilia (VA not announced as of yet) an emotionless and amnesiac girl.
- The battle system is similar to other games in the Star Ocean series, with the player controlling a character in one-on-one battles, with the ability to switch control of characters. Boss battles will feature the entire party facing off against a boss.

The fifth major instalment in the series Integrity and Faithlessness will be released sometime in 2016.

Oh, did I say the graphics looks pretty impressive:

Star-Ocean-5-5.jpg

Star-Ocean-5-13.jpg

Star-Ocean-5-22.jpg

Star-Ocean-5-23.jpg

You can see more screenshots over at EGM Now

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a, er, catchy title.

I'm not totally sold on the visuals, the choice for the character models is a bit waxy.

I like most of the character designs, however the lead female characters face is rather.....lacking? It's rather dull. I've never actually played Star Ocean however, so it might be an opportunity to join in finally. Though i did hear the last one was rather..em, bad

Who is even making this game now that tri-Ace are basically a mobile dev. Is it actually tri-Ace, or just some kind of bizarre sub-division of SE that has kept the name?

ilmaestro said:
Who is even making this game now that tri-Ace are basically a mobile dev. Is it actually tri-Ace, or just some kind of bizarre sub-division of SE that has kept the name?

tri-Ace is indeed making this game with Square Enix. Strange isn't it?

Looking forward to it. I played Star Ocean: The Second Story on the PS1 back in the day an enjoyed it. I have since got the PSP rereleases, Star Ocean: Till The End of Time (PS2) and Star Ocean: The Last Story (PS3) although I have yet to play them.

I hope to god it's better than the last 2, and I hope to, erm another god that they do something about that main girls face :/ looks so odd.

Back