Manga Entertainment Schedules More Fairy Tail Anime Collections, Fairy Tail Zero & Final Season

Good to know they are gonna release all of fairy tail on Blu ray, Although I got bored of waiting, and Imported the Fairy tail Guild collection 1-6 (Zero is part of 6) from Australia.
So my sets might not match up too well with the parts final season, but if there doing them all which your article implies then they might be at least doing some collection sets for the final season later on, but will have to wait and see.

Good to know they are gonna release all of fairy tail on Blu ray, Although I got bored of waiting, and Imported the Fairy tail Guild collection 1-6 (Zero is part of 6) from Australia.
So my sets might not match up too well with the parts final season, but if there doing them all which your article implies then they might be at least doing some collection sets for the final season later on, but will have to wait and see.
The plan is to get everything Fairy Tail related on Blu-ray. It will wrap up in time for the final part of Final Season early next year.

Funimation's handling of the collections is going to be interesting because they didn't classify Fairy Tail Zero as Part 23 (but rather as a separate thing) so I really don't know how they're going to get through that. The current collections does pretty much wrap up the 2009 and 2014 anime series (outside of the last 12-13 episodes because they're in the Zero set).

Yeah should be intresting to see how they will go, my guess would just be collection 1-11, then fairy tail zero as a seprate one off then collection 12-13 (final season), but as you mentioned similar to the US release minus the extra DVD and plus the digital versions based on recent releases.

The AUS version with guild collection probablly worked out the best way (3-4 part per guild collection and just threw zero in with the last 3 part of 2014 series), but I don't see us ever getting those versions.

I was honestly expecting Funimation to announce a re-release of Fairy Tail that was a 4-part collection per set like Madman did, but I guess they aren't bothering because money. But it wouldn't make that much of a difference for Manga as it wouldn't make a massive change on the shelves (it would have been if Manga kept the original fat case layout).

IMG_20200725_125514.jpg

I took a photo of the three collections in HMV and to see Collection 3 be more shelf friendly is good. While it does look inconsistent, I reckon they'll go back and re-release Collections 1 & 2 (as well as DVD collections 3 & 4) to match as they don't need to mess around with the discs except maybe for the DVDs because the old ones were PAL.

The plan is to get everything Fairy Tail related on Blu-ray. It will wrap up in time for the final part of Final Season early next year.

Funimation's handling of the collections is going to be interesting because they didn't classify Fairy Tail Zero as Part 23 (but rather as a separate thing) so I really don't know how they're going to get through that. The current collections does pretty much wrap up the 2009 and 2014 anime series (outside of the last 12-13 episodes because they're in the Zero set).
i don't really understand their handling of the numbering either, the set is going to go from collection 11 to zero to 23 when we only got up to part 8 in the older set but then again i don't think manga fully understand how to do something consistent when it comes to spine layouts
atleast they're not WB and changing the spine 3 times throughout a complete series release

i don't really understand their handling of the numbering either, the set is going to go from collection 11 to zero to 23 when we only got up to part 8 in the older set but then again i don't think manga fully understand how to do something consistent when it comes to spine layouts
atleast they're not WB and changing the spine 3 times throughout a complete series release
The 23 is based in the Funimation numbers as the DVD releass they did with AL got to 22

I was honestly expecting Funimation to announce a re-release of Fairy Tail that was a 4-part collection per set like Madman did, but I guess they aren't bothering because money. But it wouldn't make that much of a difference for Manga as it wouldn't make a massive change on the shelves (it would have been if Manga kept the original fat case layout).

IMG_20200725_125514.jpg

I took a photo of the three collections in HMV and to see Collection 3 be more shelf friendly is good. While it does look inconsistent, I reckon they'll go back and re-release Collections 1 & 2 (as well as DVD collections 3 & 4) to match as they don't need to mess around with the discs except maybe for the DVDs because the old ones were PAL.
Oh, I didn't even realise collection 3 for the UK release was in a normal size case I just assumed they copy and pasted the US sets. My AUS/MadMan version doesn't hold consistency either though, as guild collection 4 is only 3 parts combined and is in a standard sized 6 disc case. But yeah the new UK setup should save some space compared to what I assumed it would be of 11 fat cases like the US sets (but no DVD's and fat case are never a good solution from a buisness perspective as take's up more wharehouse space and cost more for them to send out).

But yeah would be nice for them to re-release col 1&2 in a similar format, but the closest I can see them going for is a bit like Black clover season 1 or copying the AUS madman release. But it may all depend how much stock they currently have of all the older releases.
20200729_141954.jpg
And the Zero Disc from AUS/Madman's guild collection 6, in case any one is intrested or curious.20200729_142045.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, I didn't even realise collection 3 for the UK release was in a normal size case I just assumed they copy and pasted the US sets. My AUS/MadMan version doesn't hold consistency either though, as guild collection 4 is only 3 parts combined and is in a standard sized 6 disc case. But yeah the new UK setup should save some space compared to what I assumed it would be of 11 fat cases like the US sets (but no DVD's and fat case are never a good solution from a buisness perspective as take's up more wharehouse space and cost more for them to send out).

But yeah would be nice for them to re-release col 1&2 in a similar format, but the closest I can see them going for is a bit like Black clover season 1 or copying the AUS madman release. But it may all depend how much stock they currently have of all the older releases.
View attachment 14334
And the Zero Disc from AUS/Madman's guild collection 6, in case any one is intrested or curious.View attachment 14335

Interestingly, my copy of Guild Collection 4 (purchased through JB Hi-Fi) was a fatpack.
IMG_20200729_165906727.jpg

Interestingly, my copy of Guild Collection 4 (purchased through JB Hi-Fi) was a fatpack.
View attachment 14338
Ahh, I think they should all be fat cases then. I have just had a closer look and I think mine has been guillotined at the edges, to I assume fit a standard case, before they shipped. Everything also lines up with it being a fat case (the spine spacing and the front/back borders).
I think mine was from Australia or New zealand but I think I went with Ebay and a "like new" option, so they probably did some fudging before hand.
But at least I know what gone on now, it did seem a bit strange when I first got them from what I rememeber.

Last edited:
Back