Home Anime Reviews Manga Reviews Anime Schedule Encyclopedia Gallery Articles Competitions News Archive Nakama Britannica Blogs Portal Forums Chat Register
It is currently 24 Nov 2014, 07:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2013, 20:07 
14. The Paper
14. The Paper

New anime licensor 101 Films has released more information concerning their release of Elfen Lied. The series is being released as a DVD boxset, over 4 discs and with a double-sided poster. It will be released on 28th January at a RRP of £49.99.

Synopsis

Lucy, a beautiful young mutant, is bred by the government to be the ultimate weapon. Armed with unfathomable powers, she escapes her handlers, but loses her memory in the process. Fortunately, our young waif is taken in by two well-meaning students. Now, with government killers on her trail, the disposition of a five year old, and a hair trigger for ultraviolence, Lucy and her young friends must unravel the dark secret of her legacy before it's too late.

101 Films has also revealed that they will no longer be looking after The Place Promised In Our Early Days.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2013, 20:10 
14. The Paper
14. The Paper

I'll be getting this title when it comes out, but I'm annoyed about "The Place Promised In Our Early Days".

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2013, 20:12 
21. Thousand Master
21. Thousand Master

That actually looks really nice .. Still unsure on the pricing though :/ Bit steep for me right now.

I wonder what happened with The Place Promised In Our Early Days? Was really looking forward to that.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2013, 20:15 
The boss (Admin)

The release looks nice, but I've got it already.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2013, 20:44 
12. Mazinger
12. Mazinger

Oh, so 101 Films are setting up a whole anime label? I thought it was just a one off.

That release does look absolutely beautiful (and I would like a poster) but I already own the old ADV boxset and this doesn't contain the OVA.

The synopsis is incorrect in one important area though: Lucy and the other diclonius weren't bred by the government; they're born not created. Lucy lived in an orphanage before she was captured, but of course you wouldn't know that without the OVA (Even though the main series does show parts of her life before her capture).

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2013, 20:56 
15. Tachikoma
15. Tachikoma

A... digipack? Well, at least 101 are putting in some effort to justify the higher than average retail price. The front cover is suffering from a severe case of logo-itis, though.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2013, 21:41 
21. Thousand Master
21. Thousand Master

That is gorgeous, but I own the other version....so can't really justify owning two copies.

Gutted to hear about 'The Place Promised In Our Early Days' I was just about to pre order that :(

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2013, 23:44 
20. Claymore
20. Claymore

Ian Wolf wrote:

Lucy, a beautiful young mutant, is bred by the government to be the ultimate weapon. Armed with unfathomable powers, she escapes her handlers, but loses her memory in the process. Fortunately, our young waif is taken in by two well-meaning students. Now, with government killers on her trail, the disposition of a five year old, and a hair trigger for ultraviolence, Lucy and her young friends must unravel the dark secret of her legacy before it's too late.

Say what? Thats wrong wrong wrong. Though i have this odd feeling i've read this wrongness elsewhere aswell.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2013, 00:24 
12. Mazinger
12. Mazinger

Rosencrantz wrote:
Ian Wolf wrote:

Say what? Thats wrong wrong wrong. Though i have this odd feeling i've read this wrongness elsewhere aswell.

The wrong details I see are:
- Lucy being bred by the government, which I covered in my previous post.
- The government killers bit. I don't think it was ever said whether or not Kakuzawa's facility was state or private owned.
- Hair trigger?

Everything else is just a super vague description of the show.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2013, 08:51 
23. Pokémon Master
23. Pokémon Master

I was looking forward to PPIOED. Oh well, maybe it's for the best. Now Anime Limited can pick it up and put it on BluRay (you know you want to Andrew :wink: )
Elfen Lied is looking a lot better than I was expecting, still a lot of money for an old show even with a poster and fancy box though.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2013, 08:54 
18. Akatsuki
18. Akatsuki

Wow, that wins the prize for most beautiful packaging for the ugliest, most repugnant show.

Seriously, if there's a show that deserved pinball flippers, it's this one.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2013, 14:26 
14. The Paper
14. The Paper

Joshawott wrote:
Rosencrantz wrote:
Ian Wolf wrote:

The wrong details I see are:
- Lucy being bred by the government, which I covered in my previous post.
- The government killers bit. I don't think it was ever said whether or not Kakuzawa's facility was state or private owned.
- Hair trigger?

Everything else is just a super vague description of the show.

I should point out that

a) I was quoting from the press release, and
b) I've yet to see this series, so I'm not aware of how accurate or inaccurate the description was.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2013, 15:09 
27. Accidental Time-Traveller
27. Accidental Time-Traveller

elixEideJ wrote:
I was looking forward to PPIOED. Oh well, maybe it's for the best. Now Anime Limited can pick it up and put it on BluRay (you know you want to Andrew :wink: )
Elfen Lied is looking a lot better than I was expecting, still a lot of money for an old show even with a poster and fancy box though.

*whistles innocently*

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2013, 15:54 
21. Thousand Master
21. Thousand Master

kaze_andrew wrote:
elixEideJ wrote:

*whistles innocently*

:O ... :O .... :O ....

That is all..

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2013, 16:21 
7. Great Teacher
7. Great Teacher

sooooooooooo getting this

iv already got the other release but il get this one since its got the OVA with it