Home Anime Reviews Manga Reviews Anime Schedule Encyclopedia Gallery Articles Competitions News Archive Nakama Britannica Blogs Portal Forums Chat Register
It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 16:06

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2012, 18:42 
The boss (Admin)

Monthly Dragon Age magazine announced on Friday that Tetsuro Kasahara from Rideback will launch the tentatively titled Full Metal Panic! 0 manga in the following issue on December 8. Kashara will adapt the original Full Metal Panic! light novel series by author Shoji Gatoh and illustrator Shikidouji.

Another manga artist, Hiroshi Ueda, confirmed on Tuesday that he is ending the Full Metal Panic! Sigma manga series at the 19th volume. Full Metal Panic! Sigma also has been running in Monthly Dragon Age.

From ANN

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2012, 18:43 
The boss (Admin)

Wouldn't this be more of the same? I remember reading FMP manga based on the LN ages ago..... At least he is a very good artist.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2012, 19:05 
Mad Scientist

It might be a more faithful adaptation that's intended as a prequel to Sigma. The original manga added some side stories that don't really have much relevance to the plot.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2012, 19:12 
黒い剣士 (staff)

That, and sigma itself altered a fair few bits itself. The assassins where again different(yet treated more faithfully than the anime adaptation) and other sections where different as well. Didn't the original manga cover some of the side-story novels as well? I'm sure that's where some of the stories came from. Still, i'll be interested to see what direction they take in covering the series. May give this one a read.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2012, 19:20 
21. Thousand Master
21. Thousand Master

Every time I see Full Metal Panic in a news story, I get my hopes up that a new season of the anime has been announced only to get them dashed every time. Oh well, my old school's motto was "Keep Faith" so that I shall do. More Full Metal Panic in any medium is certainly a good thing. I still don't know what happens after TSR/End of Day by Day though.