Due to an upgrade on the forums and the discontinued support of the previous template we used, we are temporarily using the default phpBB template.

The chat was also affected by this upgrade. As the old chat system could not be upgraded to the new phpBB, we've replaced it with a Facebook style chat, which can be found in the bottom of the forums page. You need to be logged in the forums to use the chat.

Production IG Oblivion Island to be release by Manga.

Discuss the latest news and rumours concerning the UK anime community and beyond.
chaos
The boss (Admin)

Postby chaos » 07 Nov 2012, 16:21

"BREAKING NEWS: We're happy to confirm that Manga Entertainment will be releasing Production I.G.'s 'Oblivion Island: Haruka and the Magic Mirror' on March 25th 2013 on both DVD and Blu-Ray."

Check out the trailer at http://www.nipponcinema.com/trailers/oblivion-island-haruka-and-the-magic-mirror-trailer

From Facebook

chaos
The boss (Admin)

Re: Production IG Oblivion Island to be release by Manga.

Postby chaos » 07 Nov 2012, 16:23

It was SLA 2011 Mystery film (or the film we couldn't confirm in time for the printed programme, as I like to call it).
I really liked this one. Not one of Production IG's best, but it looks so nice.

mangaman74
12. Mazinger
12. Mazinger

Postby mangaman74 » 08 Nov 2012, 00:13

Think I'll pass on this one. After seeing trailers for it I decided not to get the region A release so I don't see me buying it now it is getting released over here.

chaos
The boss (Admin)

Postby chaos » 08 Nov 2012, 01:22

I thought it was quite enjoyable flick. Not life changing, but fun nonetheless.

FourthLion
26. Gundam Meister
26. Gundam Meister

Postby FourthLion » 08 Nov 2012, 14:00

Yeah it was a good film. Took me ages to get used to the weird animation style but some of the film looks gorgeous.

Found the plot slightly disturbing in parts, especially [spoiler=]when the bad guy kills cotton. Just unnecessary.[/spoiler]

Anyway I'm a bit annoyed I bought the US version of this a couple of weeks ago now. I'd rather support the UK release but didn't think we'd be getting one.

Return to “Anime News & Rumours”