Nakama Britannica Podcast Live Stream – Sunday 22nd @ 3pm

Just finished listening and had a few thoughts.
Not the most comprehensive. Didn't talk about the best show of the season Magical Girl Site Uma Masume: Pretty Derby 😜 also missed SAOA: GGO, Tokyo Ghoul: re and Steins;Gate 0! Plus a few other shows I'm watching. I guess you can't watch everything. Mothers Basement does talk about every new show with a brief nod to sequels if needs be on his podcast, but I guess watching and talking about anime is kind of his job.

Persona 5 - I get where you're coming from, I think if someone did a play through and edited out all of the grind you'd get a better looking version of the story. Maybe that's why they did so much to stop people doing play throughs rather than the flimsy excuse of spoilers.

LOTGH - The series is an adaptation of the first novel apparently. Looking at MAL there are 3 film sequels to follow.

Megalobox - Looks fine to me. I suppose it would be interesting to see what it looks like without the processing, but it definitely has a retro-ish look to it which I guess is what they were going for.

Tada-kun - Not seen it yet (still waiting on that PS4 app). But I have seen a couple of shows recently that have foreign girls in, neither were jokey characters. Infact in HaNaYaMaTa (an American) she's the MC that's the whole drive behind the show and in The Pet Girl of Sakurasou (English girl) she's a sort of villain, but soon is part of the gangs life, also the Pet Girl of the title has lived abroad for a long time. The weird thing is that they both speak perfect Japanese, although in HaNaYaMaTa she is seen doing poorly in Japanese tests.

Piano no Mori is on Netflix. Well I say on, but you know what I mean.

Hinamatsuri does have a few references to Western films though.

Talking of last few seasons nothing particularly rivalling the likes of Girls Last Tour, Yuru Camp, After the Rain and especially A Place Further Than the Universe at the moment.

Back