Anime Limited’s Q2 2018 Home Video Release Slate Revealed

N

NormanicGrav

Anime Limited have revealed their second quarter line-up of 2018 via their main website!

Just a quick heads-up, they have clarified that not every title has been listed in their line-up (and to our guess would include a title or two from the Gundam franchise since they didn’t want to repeat what happened with Zeta Gundam years prior) so stay tuned as more will crop up over the next few months into the season.

Anywho let’s take a look and see what they have to offer. Pre-order links won’t be live until closer to their release, and the release dates can change as well so keep that in mind also.

9th April 2018

Makoto Shinkai Double Pack: The Place Promised in Our Early Days & Voices of a Distant Star

Audio: English & Japanese with English subtitles

From Makoto Shinkai (Your Name., Five Centimeters Per Second, Journey to Agartha) comes the start of his career in anime in one package.

The Place Promised in our Early Days

Hiroki, Takuya and Sayuri are two young boys and a girl living in Aomori, the closest province in Honshu to Hokkaido. These three young classmates become fascinated by the gigantic yet mysterious tower that they see across the Tsugaru Strait, promising that one day they will build and fly an aircraft to the tower and unravel its mystery.

Voices of a Distant Star

A young pilot named Mikako volunteers to be sent on a journey through space to join the fight against a hostile alien race. Leaving behind the man she loves, her only means of contact with him is via text message, which take longer to reach him the further she travels from Earth.

Standard Edition Blu-ray – SRP £19.99
Standard Edition DVD – SRP £17.99

16th April 2018

Assassination Classroom Season 2

Class 3E is about to begin their second semester! And while some things have changed, the class assignment is still the same: kill their teacher before the end of the year! Easier said than done since Koro Sensei’s made it clear he won’t go down without a fight.

Will these students be able to take down the tentacled monster that moves at Mach 20 before he can destroy the world?

Season 2 Part 2 Collector’s Edition Blu-ray – SRP £59.99
Season 2 Part 2 Standard Edition DVD – SRP £29.99

Kiss Him, Not Me!

Kae Serinuma believes one thing – princes belong together! As an avid boys’ love fan, she loves nothing more than fantasizing about faux relationships between the boys at her school. But when she loses weight due to the stress of her favorite anime character suddenly dying, the boys want…her?! From pretty average to prettiest girl, Kae just wants these boys to date each other, not her!

Standard Edition Blu-ray – SRP £34.99
Standard Edition DVD – SRP £29.99

Persona 3 the Movie -#2 Midsummer Knight’s Dream-

Audio: Japanese with English subtitles

“I wish it would stay like this every day…” Following his transfer to Gekkoukan Private Academy, Makoto Yuki is suddenly attacked by a strange monster called Shadows and is awakened to a power which allowed him to summon a Persona.

Seeing Makoto’s potential, the members of the Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad approach him to join them in their battle against these creatures. Makoto, initially feeling detached from the situation accepts their invitation indifferently, but as he learned more about the “Dark Hour,” and engaged in many harsh battles, he began feeling a strong bond with his teammates. And so the season turned from spring to summer… the battle was far from over for the SEES team, now joined by a new member, but they all felt a sense of fulfilment even as they faced these abnormal circumstances. The wheels of fate began to turn… as they were about to learn of the new trials they must face.

23rd April 2018

Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry

In Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry, in the Kingdom of Fiore lies a terrible weapon. Enter the Dragon Cry, a magical staff rumored to possess power capable of destroying the world. For years, it’s been safely guarded and kept away from those tempted by its power. But everything changes when a traitor named Zash manages to steal it away. Now, in the hands of Animus—the cruel ruler of the Kingdom of Stella—a plot begins to form with the fate of the world at their mercy.

Luckily, a simple recovery task is nothing for the wizards of Fairy Tail! Together, Natsu and his friends will go undercover to infiltrate Stella Kingdom in hopes of getting answers and restoring safety to the realm. But they’ll quickly find there’s more to this staff than the stories claim. What power really dwells within the Dragon Cry, and is the gang strong enough to fight ultimate destruction?

Collector’s Edition Combo Pack – SRP £34.99

14th May 2018

Persona 3 the Movie -#3 Falling Down-

(*Due to spoilers we won’t list the synopsis this time!*)

28th May 2018

Sword Art Online the Movie -Ordinal Scale-

The NerveGear, the world’s first dedicated full-dive device developed by the genius programmer, Akihiko Kayaba in 2022…a revolutionary machine that opened up infinite possibilities for the world of VR (Virtual Reality). 4 years later…. A next-generation, wearable multi-device called the Augma has been released to compete with the NerveGear’s successor, the Amusphere. A cutting-edge machine boasting the ability to enhance AR (Augmented Reality) to the maximum, the Augma offers a safe, user-friendly experience, as it can be used while the player is awake, making it an instant hit. Its most popular title is an ARMMORPG developed exclusively for the Augma, “Ordinal Scale (a.k.a. OS).”

Kirito is about to join Asuna and the others as an Ordinal Scale player, but they’re about to find out that it isn’t all fun and games…

Tokyo Ghoul (Live-Action)

Riddled with gripping fight scenes and tasteful gore, this adaptation of Tokyo Ghoul brings the popular manga series to life like never before.

Buried in books and a quiet life, Ken Kaneki is all but dead to the world in an age where flesh-eating ghouls live among us. But when his only chance for survival is an organ donation that turns him into a ghoul-human hybrid, he finds sanctuary at Anteiku—a café run by the people he once considered monsters. Targeted by anti-ghoul forces, this safe house is up against a hunger more sickening than their own. When their most innocent members are threatened by humanity’s taste for vengeance, Kaneki will risk life and limb to protect the very world that changed his own.

14th June 2018

Persona 3 the Movie -#4 Winter of Rebirth-

(*Due to spoilers we won’t list the synopsis this time!*)

28th June 2018

Hyouka

After joining his school’s Classic Lit Club, Hotaro Oreki meets a solid group of friends who have a knack for getting into all sorts of trouble. Their adventures continue as they start preparations for a big festival where they plan to promote the Classic Lit Club. However, they find themselves in the middle of a mystery that only they seem fit to solve.

Part 2 Collector’s Edition Blu-ray – SRP £59.99
Part 2 Standard Edition DVD – SRP £29.99

Lu Over the Wall

Kai has moved from Tokyo to a lonely fishing village with his father and his grandfather. One day, his classmates invite him to join their band. As he reluctantly follows them to Merfolk Island, their practice spot, they meet Lu, the mermaid girl. Since ancient times, the people of Hinashi Town have thought that mermaids brought disaster. Something happens that puts a huge rift between Lu and the townspeople. Will Kai’s cry from the heart save the town?

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-

Natsuki Subaru, an ordinary high school student, is on his way home from the convenience store when he finds himself transported to another world. As he’s lost and confused in a new world where he doesn’t even know left from right, the only person to reach out to him was a beautiful girl with silver hair. Determined to repay her somehow for saving him from his own despair, Subaru agrees to help the girl find something she’s looking for…

Part 1 Collector’s Edition Blu-ray – SRP £59.99
Part 1 Standard Edition DVD – SRP £29.99

Wolf’s Rain

Paradise – a legend, a myth, and a hopeless dream in a world that has become a wasteland. It is not meant for everyone, only the wolves, thought to be extinct yet still roam the lands. When the Flower Maiden awakens, the path to the end will open.

Kiba, a lone wolf, wanders into a poverty-stricken city on a quest. The scent of Lunar Flowers and the will to find Paradise is all he has. Along the way, he runs into other outcast wolves – Tsume, High, and Toboe, each with their own story and troubles. Fate bringing them together, they seek out the Flower Maiden, Cheza, and their way to Paradise. But, doing so is no simple matter. Up against a world that fears them and a man with mysterious abilities, their journey is overrun with challenges and worse – sacrifices. With limited time, they must fight to protect Cheza against everyone who seeks her and discover the hidden path to their destiny.

This group of broken souls will form a pack and take their journey to the doors of Paradise. But is it worth the end of the world?

Complete Series Ultimate Edition Blu-ray – £149.99

That’s it for the second quarter line-up for now. As stated more titles will appear but we won’t know which ones until they announce them! Also scheduled for sometime this year are the following:

• Dimension W
  • The Dragon Dentist
  • Durarara!!x2 Ketsu
  • Love Live!! Sunshine Season 1
  • Lupin the Third Part IV
  • Momotaro, Sacred Sailors
  • The Night is Short, Walk on Girl
  • Pigtails & Other Production I.G Shorts
  • Riddle Story of Devil

Continue reading...

It's literally just Wolf's Rain out of this clutch that has my interest - although, to be honest, not in that format or at that price. I'll snap up a standard edition Blu Ray when it appears, though!

Voices of a Distant/Place Promised, Ordinal Scale, Lu, Kiss Him Not Me, The Night Is Short. C
Want Durarara x2 part 3 mmmm. Also want Fireworks! Nothing on that :(

Hoping they treat me with Lu early at MCM London like they did Your Name and A Silent Voice. Got my friend to buy some anime there, helping the boys out ;) haha.

AssClass, Hyouka and Lu Over the Wall will be guaranteed buys. Re:Zero is a hard one , I was really into it at first but by the end of the series I kinda didn't care and just wanted to finish it. I'm also pretty disappointed to see Wolf's Rain is an UE (everyone no doubt knew this but I didn't, or I forgot), I'll have to pass on that now unless I see it much cheaper at some point as no way am I paying that for it (yes I know it'll be cheaper, I'm taking that into account).

There's also The Dragon Dentist, Durarara, The Night is Short and maybe Pigtails that I'll be picking up whenever they turn up.

Re:zero is top of my list, will also get Hyouka, SAO Ordinal Scale and Dimension W. I may pick up Lu at some point. Beyond Q2 there isnt a huge amount I want from AL.

AssClass, Hyouka and Lu Over the Wall will be guaranteed buys. Re:Zero is a hard one , I was really into it at first but by the end of the series I kinda didn't care and just wanted to finish it. I'm also pretty disappointed to see Wolf's Rain is an UE (everyone no doubt knew this but I didn't, or I forgot), I'll have to pass on that now unless I see it much cheaper at some point as no way am I paying that for it (yes I know it'll be cheaper, I'm taking that into account).

There's also The Dragon Dentist, Durarara, The Night is Short and maybe Pigtails that I'll be picking up whenever they turn up.

For Wolf's Rain - the logic was we had enough assets to make a really nice book from so we went for it. Wouldn't have been the same as a regular sized booklet and would have been unwieldily in size.

That said - there will be a standard edition as well alongside so you have the choice :).

Dragon Dentist - Taking a while because I want to access some more stuff to make an attractive set.

Night is Short - You'll hear more on that one soon enough, it's not far off on the horizon all in all :).

Durarara - Before end of Q1 is pretty definite now by the by - just waiting to lock a date down so that's a thing too.

Huzzah, hopefully all good news for you there!

AP

For Wolf's Rain - the logic was we had enough assets to make a really nice book from so we went for it. Wouldn't have been the same as a regular sized booklet and would have been unwieldily in size.

That said - there will be a standard edition as well alongside so you have the choice :).

AP

With release date parity to the UE?

Definates, Ass class (once I get part 1 of season 2)
Kiss him, not me
Re Zero
Maybes
Hyouka part 2 (depends if I can hold off long enough from importing the US)
SAO Ordinal scale
nothing else for me, Hoping we hear something about
Aoharu X Machinegun
K Missing kings and return of kings
and Silver spoon ( I won't hold my breath for this one, I know AL has to make it's own BD master)

This news makes me happy! It seems to make sense to me that a show like Wolf's Rain would get a parallel standard edition release. I'm itching to upgrade from my old Beez DVDs to HD for that show.

It's definitely one that warrants the UE treatment, though.

Some interesting stuff here. Anything I'm interested in I'll likely wait until Comic Con or around Christmas to get. Hoping to hear some Lupin Part IV news but I know it's an odd situation with the Japanese and English being on separate releases in the US. I'm also curious as to what the titles for Q1/Q2 that have yet to be announced are (If there are any that is.)

Well if there's a standard edition around the same time I can't fault you on that, even though I'm not really interested in buying a standard edition myself (I mean I could have already bought a standard edition). Pretty sure I said I wouldn't buy the Eureka Seven UE and yet I did so who knows, if it's a reasonable size I may end up with it...

Dragon Dentist - Taking a while because I want to access some more stuff to make an attractive set.
That's fair enough, the nicer the better.

Dragon Night is Short - You'll hear more on that one soon enough, it's not far off on the horizon all in all :).
Hopefully part of what I hear is the poster you did in that bundle being made available somehow... :p

Durarara - Before end of Q1 is pretty definite now by the by - just waiting to lock a date down so that's a thing too.

Huzzah, hopefully all good news for you there!

AP
The wait for Durarara has been pretty ridiculous tbh, and I'm still annoyed we didn't get the OVAs even when having to wait this long, but I look forward to actually finishing it when it arrives none the less.

Back