English Subs Listed for Japanese Blu-ray releases of Devilman Crybaby and Fate/stay night...

N

NormanicGrav

Aniplex may not be everyone’s favourite home video distributor when it comes to their prices, but they do deliver on the content especially with their Japanese releases. For the past couple of years Aniplex of Japan have offered select titles with English support, and today we can confirm that two more titles are expected to do the same.

AoJ-Devilman.jpg

Starting with Devilman Crybaby, which is the latest work by studio Science SARU and director Masaaki Yuasa that retells the story of Go Nagai’s Devilman manga series. The series will be released as a complete Blu-ray Disc Box containing all 10 episodes plus tons of content for SRP 28,000 yen (+ tax).

The Box’s physical contents include a remixed original soundtrack by music composer Kensuke Ushio, 100 page Animation Making Book, and 100 page Artbook collection. You can find more info here.

The release date for this BD-Box is 30th May 2018. Pre-order links are available on Amazon Japan in both standard and shop exclusive editions.

DEVILMAN crybaby COMPLETE BOX発売決定!
【完全生産限定版特典】
★Blu-ray DISC3枚、特典CD2枚:5枚組
★押山清高描き下ろしBOX
★牛尾憲輔によるEXTRA Soundtrack Remix CD
★アニメーションメイキングブック(100P)
★アートワーク集(100P)https://t.co/nO5mx6Fjeo#デビルマン#DEVILMAN pic.twitter.com/lGSL9OZ1zt

— 『DEVILMAN crybaby』公式 Netflixにて全世界独占配信中 (@DevilmanCryBaby) January 19, 2018

AoJ-Fate.jpg

Next we have the anticipated instalment in the Fate/Stay Night franchise with Fate/stay night [Heaven’s Feel] I.presage flower by studio Ufotable and director Tomonori Sudou. presage flower is the first in a new movie trilogy that adapts the Heaven’s Feel route of the Fate/Stay Night visual novel. The film will be released on Blu-ray and DVD plus tons of content for the limited editions. SRPs are the following: 9,500 yen (+ tax) for the Blu-ray Limited Edition, 5,800 yen (+ tax) for the Blu-ray Standard Edition, and 4,800 yen (+ tax) for the DVD Standard Edition.

The limited edition physical contents include the original soundtrack by music composer Yuki Kajiura, bonus DVD disc, special booklet and illustration booklet. You can find more info here.

The release date for this film is 9th May 2018. Pre-order links are available on Amazon Japan in both standard DVD, standard Blu-ray, limited Blu-ray and shop exclusive Blu-ray editions.

[ufotable限定店舗特典付]
劇場版「Fate/stay night [Heaven's Feel] I.presage flower」Blu-ray Disc

弊社限定特典を含む・告知PVを公開!

劇場公開映像に、更なるブラッシュアップをかけた
最高峰の<第一章>をお届け致します。https://t.co/bgvnyVVX7p pic.twitter.com/wStoOkk6gS

— ufotable (@ufotable) January 25, 2018

That’s all of the info for the time being. The official box art for the sets will be revealed over time. Here’s a recap of other titles Aniplex of Japan have released with English subtitles for those interested:

• The Anthem of the Heart
  • Fate/Stay Night [Unlimited Blade Works]
  • Fate/Zero (Complete BD-Box also inc. dub)
  • The Garden of Sinners
  • Gurren Lagann (inc. dub)
  • Oreimo
  • Oreimo 2
  • Persona 3 the Movie -#1 Spring of Birth-
  • Persona 3 the Movie -#2 Midsummer Knight’s Dream-
  • Persona 3 the Movie -#3 Falling Down-
  • Persona 3 the Movie -#4 Winter of Rebirth-
  • Persona 5 the Animation: The Day Breakers
  • Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movies: Beginning/Eternal
  • Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movies: Rebellion
  • Rurouni Kenshin: The Movie
  • Rurouni Kenshin: Reflection
  • Rurouni Kenshin: Trust & Betrayal

Continue reading...

Definitely think I'll be giving the Standard Edition of Heaven's Feel an import. It's expensive for what it is, sure, but it is something I'm dying to see.

nice i'll be getting Heaven's Fell.......wait Oreimo 2 has subs and heres me with the MVM DVD......and just brought it just need to wait for it to arrive ;)

I've imported all the other Fate series, so why not Heaven's Feel, lol... Yuki Kajiura soundtrack CD, so definitely the LE for me. Can't get enough Kajiura - I wish to marry her someday!

I have not seen any of Devilman Crybaby, but I don't think it's something I would really care for. Will have to watch a couple eps to see if it's worthwhile at all.

Last edited:
I've imported all the other Fate series, so why not Heaven's Feel, lol... I have not seen any of Devilman Crybaby, but I don't think it's something I would really care for. Will have to watch a couple eps to see if it's worthwhile at all.

Devilman Crybaby is, in my opinion, pretty good but it does suffer from pacing issues and some characters not having enough development. But it has a great soundtrack which I do recommend checking out if you don't want to watch the show.

As for Fate, I'll probably import Heaven's Feel this time around since I have heard terrible things about the UBW dub.

Oreimo S2 actually had a Bluray release with Eng Subs... Tempting. Very Tempting

How did I miss that before :/

(never mind, 2017 release, I got S1 back in 2014)

It isnt even licensed here MVM decided to license NGNL 0 First
And while not bad changing nearly all the cast from the 06 dub which i adore really pissed me off
I hate hate hate the new Shirou

Back