More Potential Netflix Delistings for Select Anime on New Years Day 2018

N

NormanicGrav

Starting January 1st 2018, a couple anime titles that were made available for Netflix streaming will soon be delisted. This could change at the last minute however, as some distributors like Aniplex have immediately renewed their titles after they were listed to be delisted. One of Aniplex’s titles is in this list for those wondering.

Anime on Netflix generally last around 12-24 months at maximum but they can be renewed to keep it going. These lot below might not get the same treatment, so if you want to check them out I suggest you do so as soon as possible.

Gunslinger-Girl-1.jpg

Gunslinger Girl

Aired: October 2003
Added onto Netflix: 1st January 2016
Audio: Japanese
Subtitles: Polish, English, Japanese, Arabic, Traditional Chinese

On the surface, the Social Welfare Agency appears to help orphaned schoolgirls, but it’s actually turning them into lethal agents.

Gunslinger-Girl-2-1.jpg

Gunslinger Girl Il Teatrino

Aired: January 2008
Added onto Netflix: 1st January 2016
Subtitles: Polish, English, Simplified Chinese, Arabic, Traditional Chinese

Outfitted with cybernetic implants, orphaned girls are transformed into a squad of ruthless killers trained to take down terrorists.

The-Irregular-at-Magic-High-School-1.jpg

The Irregular at Magic High School

Aired: April 2014
Added onto Netflix: 15th November 2014
Subtitles: English

Siblings Tatsuya and Miyuki enroll at Magic High School, where Miyuki’s honors status comes between her and her underachieving older brother.

Both seasons of Gunslinger Girl are available for legal streaming on both Crunchyroll and Funimation (S1/S2) services as well as home video through Funimation’s North American releases (which are UK compatible), while The Irregular at Magic High School has no other legal access aside from importing the Aniplex Blu-rays (volume 1 of which is actually out of print) and the Hanabee Blu-rays.

Continue reading...

I bought gunslinger girls a while back so I'm set for those. The irregulars I tried to watch on Netflix a few times but the subtitles were always broken. I tend to avoid shows released by companies that overprice stuff anyway (I.E. Aniplex) no matter how good I've heard the series is.

Back